Le Deal du moment :
Aliexpress : codes promo valables sur tout le site
Voir le deal

Transmission Dynaflo de Buick !!

2 participants

Transmission Dynaflo de Buick !! Empty Transmission Dynaflo de Buick !!

Message  L'Poux Dim 26 Juin 2016, 19:34

Bon .. Dernier Teste ..( Produit Ajouté ) ..
Avant La Grande Opération ??

Y'a Tu Un Garage ou Un Pro De C'est Transmission La ( Dynaflow 2 Turbine / Sur Buick '63)
Chu Pu Capable D'enduré Le Sillage de cette Transmission ??

Ou Une Transmission D'un Wildcat 1964 (News Transmission ??)

L'Poux.. Sad Sad
L'Poux
L'Poux
Régulier
Régulier

Ville/Région : St Anne De La Perade
Masculin Nombre de messages : 162

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Transmission Dynaflo de Buick !! Empty Re: Transmission Dynaflo de Buick !!

Message  L'Poux Dim 26 Juin 2016, 20:45

Salut ..
Je Vient De Me Trouver Une Super Turbine 400 de 1964 ...
Ca Fite Tu Sur Mon '63 ???

L'Poux............
L'Poux
L'Poux
Régulier
Régulier

Message  slingshot Dim 26 Juin 2016, 21:48

je ne crois pas que sait un fit direct , voici un texte que je viens de lire sur le sujet .

Richard

Oh boy, lets see what I can tell you about the differences between a '63 with the dynalfow and a '64 / '65. First of all the '64 ST400 is different than the '65/'66 ST400. The former is a one year only transmission but it's still basically a GM TH400 (ST was a Buick marketing name.) The '65/'66 has the variable pitch torque converter so except for the hook up of the variable pitch, the 64 - 66 is the same. But now back to the differences:
1) The crankshafts are different, they have different sized flanges on the rear
2) The flex plates are different. The '63 is triangular shaped, the 64/66 is round and they're not interchangeable because of the flange. Russ Martin sells a piece that you can insert into a '63 crank to mount a '64 - 66 flex plate.
3) The starter ring for a '63 is on the torque converter, the ring on a '64/66 is part of the flex plate. This means the starter motors are different, the nose on the '63 is longer.
4) The shift patterns are different. You'll need a different shifter assembly. That means the neutral safety switch and the back up light switch are in the wrong place and the detents in the shifter gate are different.
5) The transmissions are different length. So you'll need the drive shaft from the ST transmission. But you can't use the entire assembly. They 63 driveshaft connects to the rear pinion with a U-joint; the '64 connects with a flange. You'll also need to drill the frame and use the 64 - 65 transmission cross member.
6) The St transmissions have the kick down / switch pitch mechanism connected to the carburetor so you would want the carburetor that goes with the transmission 64 for 64, 65 for 65, and 66 for 66. If you go with the switch pitch transmission, you'll need a switch on the brake pedal arm to activate the high stall when the car is at a stop.
If I were going to do this, I would find a '64 or '65 donor car and do a swap of the entire running gear. That way you would have everything you need to make the swap.
Unless you have a really specific reason for wanting to do this; stick with the Dynaflow.
As I think of more, I'll update this thread.
Ed
slingshot
slingshot
Vétéran
Vétéran

Ville/Région : joliette
Masculin Nombre de messages : 1078
Voiture(s) : Ford 31 coupé ,77 GMC 4x4 , Vintage comp/coupe dragster et autres projets

Message  L'Poux Dim 26 Juin 2016, 22:03

Criss C'É Le Bout De La Marde Ca ???
Donc : Pour Résumez !!
Je Fait Remonté La Mienne ??
Ou Ben !!! J'ai Full Modification a Faires ?? doh doh doh doh doh
L'Poux
L'Poux
Régulier
Régulier

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé