-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

442 W30 special paint

3 participants

442 W30 special paint Empty 442 W30 special paint

Message  427copoz Ven 03 Nov 2006, 21:51

Salut

a voir sur e-bay thumleft

This is possibly the rarest 1970 Oldsmobile 442 W-30 in existence. It is the ONLY ONE manufactured by General Motors with Paint Code 46, MING JADE GREEN. This color was specific only to the Toronado model, and only available by SPECIAL ORDER.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5357&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW&item=110049143743

Salutations
427copoz
427copoz
Bâtisseur

Masculin Nombre de messages : 21172

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

442 W30 special paint Empty Re: 442 W30 special paint

Message  ADM Ven 03 Nov 2006, 22:14

Uncle Bob avait du gout quand il a commandé son 442 thumleft

Quelques commentaires intéressant au sujet de ce 442 study :
Great Lansing built car, to bad the family chose to just let it sit and not enjoy the purpose of the 442.I was employed by Oldsmobile for 36 yrs, I scheduled the mfg.of many components on the car, bumpers,hood, fenders both inner & outers. The inner fenders are a red concentrate into white polyproplene, std was black concentrate into white. Red one's added to clone cars thru GMPD Service. Early computers did not recognize substutions(paint codes)reason for dash. The 1970 Toronado was built in Linden N.J.Your paint job was done in a non productive area (repair booth)as the color would not have been available in Lansing Fisher Body or Oldsmobile paint plants, same process as all Firemist and Mary Kay Cosmetics special paints. Mostly manual intervention back in those days. Needless to say that as Salaried General Foreman,I never made the kind of monies needed to purchase you car, Good Luck w/ the Auction. Please respond to my e-mail, I'll fwd a picture of my Cutlass. Thanks, Dave

The last guy is wrong. Only 1971 SS1 wheels are all chrome. In 1971 there was a Teamsters strike which made the Mexican manufacture trim rings unavailable. The wheels were installed without the trim rings ONLY in 1971. 1972 also had rings. Many options suffered the same ''constraint'' problems through out all the GM lines. Such as aluminium wheels on Corvettes....

Administrateur
Administrateur

Ville/Région : Reauce-Nord
Masculin Nombre de messages : 13943

Message  427copoz Dim 05 Nov 2006, 13:35

Salut Buick68

Great Lansing built car, to bad the family chose to just let it sit and not enjoy the purpose of the 442.I was employed by Oldsmobile for 36 yrs, I scheduled the mfg.of many components on the car, bumpers,hood, fenders both inner & outers. The inner fenders are a red concentrate into white polyproplene, std was black concentrate into white. Red one's added to clone cars thru GMPD Service. Early computers did not recognize substutions(paint codes)reason for dash. The 1970 Toronado was built in Linden N.J.Your paint job was done in a non productive area (repair booth)as the color would not have been available in Lansing Fisher Body or Oldsmobile paint plants, same process as all Firemist and Mary Kay Cosmetics special paints. Mostly manual intervention back in those days. Needless to say that as Salaried General Foreman,I never made the kind of monies needed to purchase you car, Good Luck w/ the Auction. Please respond to my e-mail, I'll fwd a picture of my Cutlass. Thanks, Dave
j'ai un peu de misère a comprendre
son texte scratch

Early computers did not recognize substutions(paint codes)reason for dash.
comme la fin de cette partie qui m'intéresse

pour Mary Kay special paint thumleft
http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060627/NEWS/606270341/1001/BUSINESS

Salutations
427copoz
427copoz
Bâtisseur

Message  mustang200ci Mar 07 Nov 2006, 13:41

Early computers did not recognize substutions(paint codes)reason for dash.
comme la fin de cette partie qui m'intéresse

Salutations
Je pense que ça veut dire que les ordinateur plus vieux ne reconnaissent pas les codes de peinture spéciale et c'est pour ça les tiret (dash)
L'ordinateur ne reconnaissant pas le code 46 comme étant valide donne comme réponse --

salut

Légende

Ville/Région : 15 minutes au nord de Louiseville
Masculin Nombre de messages : 7571
Voiture(s) : Mustang convertible 1967

http://mustang6573.forum-canada.com

Message  427copoz Mar 07 Nov 2006, 13:53

Salut mustang200ci

Je pense que ça veut dire que les ordinateur plus vieux ne reconnaissent pas les codes de peinture spéciale et c'est pour ça les tiret (dash)
L'ordinateur ne reconnaissant pas le code 46 comme étant valide donne comme réponse --
Ouin vue comme ca sa bien de l'allure
moi je pensait juste au data plate - - mais j'oubliat le papier - -

sa l'air de rien mais c'est un petit détail important
pour comprendre certaine procédures

Merci
427copoz
427copoz
Bâtisseur

Message  Contenu sponsorisé